I started on these yesterday and took pics along the way. I think this project would be perfect for a quick, fun project or even for gifts :)
-Jelly Roll Strips 24" long, or a strip of fabric 2.5" by 24"
-Crystals or buttons for center of flowers
-Hot glue gun
-Skinny dowel rods
-Some leaves from from faux flowers
1. Press all strips in half lengthwise. Iron the ends in about 1/4".
2. Using craft thread, make a running stitch down the length of the strip.
3. Pull thread to gather strip as you go. The final result should look like this:
4. I didn't get a pic of this, but I will explain it as best I can. Spiral the end of the strip on itself, not directly on top of the strip, but kind of staggered. Do this until the whole strip looks like this:
5. Sew buttons or crystals into the middle of flower.
6. Get the dowel rods, leaves, and floral tape. Start wrapping the dowel rod with floral tape using a spiral motion. Wrap the stems of the faux leaves with the tape.
7. Hot glue the flowers onto the top of the dowel rod and TADA! You have a beautiful flower. Make one or a bouquet!
Please let me know if you have any questions or need the steps explained better. Thanks and have a great day ya'll!